Milan Metro Meneghino
The trains are made up of 6 permanently coupled coaches,comprising two identical, functionally independent Traction Units with a driver's cab at each end.
Each Traction Unit consists of two identical motor cars and a trailer with driver's cab (Rp+M1+M2).
|Traction unit composition||R + M + M|
|Train composition||2 traction units|
|Maximum height||3650 mm|
|Traction unit length||52,75 m|
|Body width||2850 mm|
|Bogie wheelbase||2150 mm|
|Max static load per axle||12,5 t|
|Voltage||1500 V dc - 750|
|Traction unit continuous rating||1280 kW|
|Maximum speed||90 km/h|
|Traction unit seating places||102|
|Traction unit total places||628|
|Doors per side||12|
All the coaches are intercommunicating. The trains can be operated on the three lines (M1, M2, M3) with different power supply voltage (750 Vdc/1500 Vdc) and different signalling systems.
The train in 9 points
- Meneghino: from MNG, which stands for Next Generation Metro.
- Initial supply of 27 trains reformulated in 2008 with the addition of other 13 trains for a total record of 40 trains that will operate on all the three metro lines.
- Six cars, with 2 driver’s cabs at the ends; Inside the coaches are fully connected to provide a unique large comfortable and safe space.
- Structure, bogies and doors designed to provide a noiseless ride.
- Integral air-conditioning system for a cozy environment even in the driver’s cab.
- “Green" train: the motor cars traction enables the energy recovery and its direct intake on the line.
- New way of travelling informed: on board an advanced audio-video information system, designed to receive and transmit messages and videos in real time. Active the audio/video announcement of next stop, with connections. Information in Italian and in English.
- Integrated passenger information system with video surveillance device and on-board diagnostics and managed by a single electronic control unit via a touchscreen counter monitor.
- A ground-to- train broadband connection allows the drivers to see the preview of the platform of the stop.